PLANS FOR VIEWINGS AND VALUATIONS POST LOCKDOWN
As restrictions are lifted coming out of lockdown we will be putting the following steps in place to ensure any viewings and /or valuations are safe and appropriate for all staff and clients. I hope you find this information useful and helpful.
- We will need to ask whether any party is showing symptoms or has been asked to self-isolate before going ahead with any viewing/valuations.
- All staff will be wearing PPE for any visits to any property. This will include, face coverings, gloves and disposable shoe covers.
- We will be offering all clients FREE VIRTUAL TOURS of their properties so viewings can take place virtually in the first instance and then only arrange physical viewings when there is clear and strong interest in any property.
- We can accompany physical viewings if required but will seek to maintain a minimum of 2 metres distance from others wherever possible. All staff will be wearing PPE, including face covers, gloves and disposable shoe covers.
- Where we do not accompany the visit, we will make sure that both buyers and sellers clearly understand how the viewing should be conducted safely. This will include suggestions such as asking the sellers to open all internal doors so the viewer does not have to touch the doors. Asking viewers not to touch anything inside the property.
- All parties viewing a property should wash their hands with soap and water (or hand sanitiser if not available) immediately after entering the properties, with internal doors opened and surfaces having been wiped down before they enter. Paper towels (pieces of kitchen roll) should be used if possible and disposed of safely after use.
- We will assist to do what we can to promote flexibility when arranging move dates, for example advising clients to ensure contracts have explicit terms to manage the timing risks presented by coronavirus.
- We will work with clients and other agents to broker a new date to move where sales are due to complete and one of the parties falls ill with coronavirus or has to self-isolate.
- We will ensure that any keys are appropriately cleaned before handover.
- Social distancing guidelines must be followed during the viewings and there should be minimal contact with the household.
- Once the viewing has taken place, the home owner should ensure surfaces, such as door handles, are cleaned with standard household cleaning products and used kitchen towels disposed of safely or washed as appropriate.